Engineering summer camp at Vaughn College in NYC: Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology is a private specialized aviation and engineering college located adjacent to LaGuardia Airport in East Elmhurst, Queens, New York. At Vaughn 98% of graduates are employed or continue their education within one year. The College has been highlighted by numerous publications for its high-standard of educational development. US News voted it among the top ten best regional colleges in the north.
Staying in the residence hall at Vaughn will provide students with a stress-free taste of campus life and help prepare them for the transition to college. Living in the residence hall provides you with a unique living environment where your roommate and neighbors are campers just like you! It is a place to form bonds, make memories and hang out.
The resident hall is three-story building opened in the spring 2008. Students stay in a suite-style residence hall that comes with the necessary furnishing to turn a dorm room into feeling like home in no time! Each room also has a bed, dresser, desk and chair for each student. Rooms are doubles and have a private bathroom. The students are housed on different floors by gender, and on the specific halls by age.
There is a student lounge with pool table and plenty of comfortable seating. Each floor has its own lounge to hang out and catch up with friends at Engineering summer camp at Vaughn College. Laundry is also available in the building.
Link to the residence hall: https://www.vaughn.edu/residential-rooms-amenities/
Located in Queens, Vaughn has all the amenities of bustling New York City. Step off the college campus and you are surrounded by excitement and adventure. There are endless opportunities for our Engineering summer camp at Vaughn College students to explore the arts, culture, fun and learning all wrapped into one place… NYC!
The surrounding areas include:
- Central Park: http://www.centralparknyc.org/
- Highline: http://www.thehighline.org/
- Statue of Liberty: https://www.nps.gov/stli/index
- Times Square: https://www.timessquarenyc.org
- The Staten Island Ferry: http://www.siferry.com/
- World Trade Center Memorial: https://www.911memorial.org/
- One World Observatory: https://oneworldobservatory.com/en-US
- Brooklyn Bridge: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/infrastructure/brooklyn-bridge.shtml
- Flushing Meadows: https://www.nycgovparks.org/parks/flushing-meadows-corona-pa
- Empire State Building: http://www.esbnyc.com/
- Coney Island: http://www.coneyisland.com/tourist-information
- New York Hall of Science: https://nysci.org/
- The Intrepid: https://www.intrepidmuseum.org/
July 1st – July 14th, 2018
July 15th – July 28th, 2018