University of Minnesota-Twin Cities Minneapolis – St. Paul
Engineering summer camp at University of Minnesota: The University of Minnesota is a highly ranked public research university offering a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs. The flagship, University of Minnesota Twin Cities is the state’s land-grant university and one of the most prestigious public research universities in the nation. The University of Minnesota is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Students will be staying in the campus’ state-of-the-art housing at Middlebrook Hall, also known as “The Brook”. Staying on campus gives students the immersive experience of college life during their time at camp. Located in the center of campus, students will be able to explore the diversity of what the university has to offer.
There are two students per room. The students are housed on different floors by self-stated gender and age. In the residence hall room, a pillow, towel, blanket, and sheets are included for each student. It comes furnished with an extra-long twin bed, desk, chair, dresser, and closet. All rooms in the residence halls are air-conditioned.
On each floor there is a lounge and TV area in which students can socialize before and after session. The halls also have free laundry facilities. There is a kitchenette, stove, refrigerator, sink, and a microwave for students to use as well.
The safety of our students and staff at the Engineering summer camp at University of Minnesota is incredibly important to us. Each student will get a swipe key to get in and out of the building, and there is 24-hour security at the front desk.
Link to the residence hall: https://housing.umn.edu/middlebrook
Minnesota is known as the land of 10,000 lakes, and its natural beauty makes it an exciting destination year-round. But that’s not all. The cultural center of the twin cities has lots to offer students and their families. The university is located near St. Paul, the capital of the state, and one of the Twin Cities. As always, we take these trips on Saturdays during the session. These engineering summer camp at University of Minnesota trips are fully supervised and staff act as chaperones. All trips and destinations are subject to the vagaries of weather, student wishes, availability and other factors and will vary from session to session.
The Twin Cities is home to:
- In Bloomington, just outside of Twin Cities, is the Mall of America and the Water Park of America. – https://www.greatwolf.com/minnesota
- Science Museum of Minnesota, with its dinosaur specimens and immersive theater – https://www.smm.org/
- Dinkytown! Don’t let the name fool you. This vibrant historical district on the north edge of campus is overflowing with boutiques, coffee shops, restaurants, bookstores and arts – http://dinkytownusa.org/
- Minnehaha State Park – One of the first state parks in the USA with trails, gardens, waterfalls and historical sites
- Como Park Zoo (it’s free) – http://www.comozooconservatory.org/
- Sky Zone Indoor Trampoline Park – https://www.skyzone.com/stpaul
July 1st – July 14th, 2018
July 15th – July 28th, 2018