Engineering summer camp at Vaughn College in NYC: Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology is a private specialized aviation and engineering college located adjacent to LaGuardia Airport in East Elmhurst, Queens, New York. At Vaughn 98% of graduates are employed or continue their education within one year. The College has been highlighted by numerous publications for its high-standard of educational development. US News voted it among the top ten best regional colleges in the north.
Staying in the residence hall at Vaughn will provide students with a stress-free taste of campus life and help prepare them for the transition to college. Living in the residence hall provides you with a unique living environment where your roommate and neighbors are campers just like you! It is a place to form bonds, make memories and hang out.
The resident hall is three-story building opened in the spring 2008. Students stay in a suite-style residence hall that comes with the necessary furnishing to turn a dorm room into feeling like home in no time! Each room also has a bed, dresser, desk and chair for each student. Rooms are doubles and have a private bathroom. The students are housed on different floors by gender, and on the specific halls by age.
There is a student lounge with pool table and plenty of comfortable seating. Each floor has its own lounge to hang out and catch up with friends at Engineering summer camp at Vaughn College. Laundry is also available in the building.
Link to the residence hall: https://www.vaughn.edu/residential-rooms-amenities/
We are beginning to add off-campus field trips as we confirm them. The first once we have set up is to visit La Guardia Airport which is undergoing a massive and extensive re-build. Check back soon for more tour information!
- Formal presentation of full redevelopment project.
o Construction schedules, milestones, end-state expectations.
- New Concourse B
o Under construction and set to partially open in September 2018. Meet with Chief Engineers during tour of facility.
- Air Traffic Control Tower
o New Terminal B
o Scheduled to open in Feb 2020. Tour construction and civil engineering sites.
- Airfield tour
o Tour of active runways/taxiways and runway decks. See construction from airside view.
Located in Queens, Vaughn has all the amenities of bustling New York City. Step off the college campus and you are surrounded by excitement and adventure. There are endless opportunities for our Engineering summer camp at Vaughn College students to explore the arts, culture, fun and learning all wrapped into one place… NYC!
The surrounding areas include:
- Central Park: http://www.centralparknyc.org/
- Highline: http://www.thehighline.org/
- Statue of Liberty: https://www.nps.gov/stli/index
- Times Square: https://www.timessquarenyc.org
- The Staten Island Ferry: http://www.siferry.com/
- World Trade Center Memorial: https://www.911memorial.org/
- One World Observatory: https://oneworldobservatory.com/en-US
- Brooklyn Bridge: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/infrastructure/brooklyn-bridge.shtml
- Flushing Meadows: https://www.nycgovparks.org/parks/flushing-meadows-corona-pa
- Empire State Building: http://www.esbnyc.com/
- Coney Island: http://www.coneyisland.com/tourist-information
- New York Hall of Science: https://nysci.org/
- The Intrepid: https://www.intrepidmuseum.org/
Jordan completed a B.S. in Technology Education from Old Dominion University in December 2014 and he really enjoys immersing young minds in the world of STEM.
He’s currently teaching 4 classes of Introduction to Engineering Design, as well as 2 classes of Principles of Engineering, which both teach concepts related to physics, in Norfolk.
He loves helping students and he uses effective public speaking and communication skills in order to carry out good classroom management and in speaking with parents, administrators, and other adults who work in the school system.
Latest Blog Posts
- Some quotes from camp this summer! July 17, 2018
- What is Electrical Engineering Anyway? June 8, 2018
- Coolest Field Trip Ever May 30, 2018
- Why Students Need to Learn 3D Printing Now May 3, 2018
- No Engineering Experience Required for Teens at Engineering Summer Camps May 2, 2018
July 1st – July 14th, 2018
July 15th – July 28th, 2018