The University of California, Riverside is one of ten universities within the prestigious University of California system, and the only UC campus located in inland Southern California.
Widely recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the nation, UCR currently hosts about 22,000 students, with 900 instructional faculty. Chancellor Kim A. Wilcox and Interim Provost Cynthia Larive are implementing plans for an aggressive expansion of the faculty, planning to bring an additional 300 faculty members onboard. The campus is in the midst of a tremendous growth spurt with new and remodeled facilities routinely coming online.
UCR is located approximately 50 miles east of downtown Los Angeles and within easy driving distance of dozens of major cultural and recreational sites, as well as desert, mountain and coastal destinations.
PLEASE NOTE: This program is available only during Session 1: July 1st – July 14th
University of California, Riverside has been ranked in the top 4% by Money Magazine’s best colleges, ranking for educational quality and success. Students at our California engineering summer camps will experience that quality and success first-hand while staying in the university’s residence hall. Students will be living in the Pentland Residence Hall.
A family like environment, students will live in double rooms during their time at camp. The students are housed on different floors by gender, and specific halls by age. Each person will get an extra-long twin loft bed, desk, chair and closet. Students may decorate available wall space to make their room feel like home! The rooms also have a mini-fridge and microwave for late night snacking at our California engineering summer camps.
On each floor there is a lounge/TV space for students to socialize.
Link to the residence hall: http://housing.ucr.edu/housing-options/residence-halls/pentland-hills.html
With nonstop sunshine, there is no reason to be inside when you are at UC Riverside. On the weekends we plan Super Saturday trips from our California engineering summer camps to get out and enjoy all that the area has to offer. The students are constantly supervised during all of our outings, even when we are just relaxing on campus. Staff and students take advantage of all fun activities that Riverside and nearby areas have to offer. All trips and destinations at our California engineering summer camps are subject to the vagaries of weather, student wishes, availability and other factors and will vary from session to session.
The surrounding areas include:
- Whitewater Preserve. There is hiking, animals, springs, and views you can’t see anywhere else in the world. – http://www.wildlandsconservancy.org/preserve_whitewater.html
- Castle Park, formerly Castle Amusement Park, is a 25-acre amusement park and family amusement center located in Riverside, California – https://www.castlepark.com/
- Jurupa Mountains Discovery Center – A natural history museum that houses a unique collection of intriguing and informative exhibits. – https://jmdc.org/
- Hangar Trampoline Park. The Park provides high-quality indoor bouncing experiences. – http://hangartrampolineparks.com/
Latest Blog Posts
- Some quotes from camp this summer! July 17, 2018
- What is Electrical Engineering Anyway? June 8, 2018
- Coolest Field Trip Ever May 30, 2018
- Why Students Need to Learn 3D Printing Now May 3, 2018
- No Engineering Experience Required for Teens at Engineering Summer Camps May 2, 2018
July 1st – July 14th, 2018
July 15th – July 28th, 2018